Traveling to Belize During COVID-19
To reopen Belize safely the Belize Tourism Board and Ministry of Health has put together a Gold Standard program with expanded health and safety measures to ensure the safety of travelers as well as the Belizean people. All Tour Operators and accommodations who wish to host international travelers are now required to be certified by the Gold Standard program.
To help you better plan your trip to Belize and to know what to expect when arriving in Belize we will help keep you up to date by posting the most relevant up to date information.
The Belize Tourism Board has changed the restrictions for travel, and those changes are reflected below.
Things to Know (Important)
- Private businesses are allowed to require proof of vaccination at their discretion.
- It is recommended but not required to wear a face mask when in enclosed spaces or businesses. Private businesses are allowed to require masks to be worn at their discretion.
- It is recommended but not required to practice social distancing
- It is recommended to practice proper hand hygiene by washing hands regularly with soap & water or use hand sanitizer
- Visitors must stay at a Gold Standard Accommodation. Tres Cocos Resort has received the Gold Standard certification.
- Visitors will be allowed to travel freely around Belize, however it is highly encouraged that they limit their interaction to Gold Standard certified businesses.
Don’t let these rules and restrictions stop you from visiting Belize. We’ve got you covered! The Tres Cocos Staff will help you set up that unforgettable Belize vacation. In addition to helping set up any tours that you request we will also help you guide you to the best restaurants and other Gold Standard certified venues.
Before Your Visit
- As of March 1st 2022, if you are fully vaccinated, you will no longer need a negative test to enter Belize. You will be asked to present your vaccine card at the airport for entry.
- If you are not vaccinated you will need to be tested upon arrival at the airport in Belize City, at your expense. You may also bring an approved Rapid Antigen Test from 48 hours of your arrival date or a PCR test from 96 hours from your arrival date.
- Install WhatsApp on your phone prior to your arrival to Belize. It requires a text message confirmation, which depending on your phone plan, may not work in Belize.
- Purchase the mandatory Travel Insurance from https://www.belizetravelinsurance.com. The policy is $18 USD per person and is required even if you have a separate travel insurance policy.
On Arrival in Belize
- You will disembark the plane – wearing a face mask – and proceed to health screening.
- An agent will check your vaccine card or direct you to be tested if not vaccinated.
- After being cleared by Health Officials, proceed to Immigration and Customs.
- The customs agent will ensure that you have purchased the mandatory travel insurance from https://www.belizetravelinsurance.com. If you have not done so prior to that time you will need to do so at the airport.
- You can then exit the airport via the Tourism Safe Corridor using Gold Standard or certified air or ground transportation.
- After about a fifteen minute flight (or 90-minute water taxi ride) you will arrive at San Pedro. Catch a registered taxi who will take you to Tres Cocos Resort!
During your Stay in Belize
- Your condo has a full kitchen and we can stock your refrigerator/pantry per your request. In addition we can recommend delivery services for both snacks or meals to be delivered to your unit throughout your stay.
- Have any dietary restrictions? Let us know and we will put together a list of food options that cater to your needs!
- We want you to see and do as much of the local activities in our beautiful country, during your visit. Please let us know what you’re interested in doing and seeing while in the country and we can help arrange this for you.
For up to date information the destination’s travel protocols and frequently asked questions, please visit: https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety